What We've Found Works Best
We understand that it isn't always easy - or even possible - to drop in to our centrally located store. So for 2024 RetroMedia is offering Free Shipping to clients outside of the greater Brisbane area! Here's how you can qualify for this great offer!
• Free Trackable Shipping (Return Journey) for purchases over $200!
How it works: If your purchase is over $200, and if you're located outside the greater Brisbane area, we'll pick up the tab for outbound (return journey) trackable postage, Australia-wide. Please quote promo code "FREESHIP24" at the time of ordering to avail of this offer.
We recommend that you use Australia Post Pre-Paid Satchels (or Express Satchels if you prefer) as these are a flat price Australia-wide. If you want to use a box, it will usually be cheaper to place the box inside a pre-paid satchel, especially if you are interstate.
For the purposes of this offer, we define Greater Brisbane area as including Brisbane City & Suburbs, Moreton Bay Regional Council area, Redlands Shire, Logan City & suburbs and Ipswich City & suburbs.
Here's a few packaging tips we've found to be helpful…
• Bubble-wrap your items into tight packages
• Place these in a cardboard box with padding, even if you are ultimately sending to us in a satchel
• Include your name, contact details, and what you were wanting done. If we have any questions we'll contact you.
This is what we've found to be best practice…
• Wherever possible, use Australia Post pre-paid satchels, especially if you're a distance away. These are flat rate Australia-wide.
• We recommend Express Post pre-paid satchels so you know it will get here fast. We all know the post is getting slower & slower, and many people would rather pay a few dollars more & know it's arrived sooner, rather than be waiting & wondering. As standard, we will use Australia Post's regular Pre-Paid Satchels for the trip back to you. You will receive notification of your tracking number when we ship. Upgrade to Express Post, or Registered Post is available on request.
• If you have placed the media in a box you'll sometimes find it's cheaper to place that box inside a pre-paid satchel than to simply post the box. This is especially true for Express Post over long distances.
• We consider it well worth the few extra dollars to choose the "signature on delivery" option on parcels you send us, just to set your mind at ease. Once we have digitised your media we have backup copies, but for your media's initial trip in to us you have no backups, so ask for the signature option. With the combination of a tracking number & signature-on-delivery you can have complete confidence that your media will get here safely.
• For vinyl records, cut up a cardboard box & sandwich the records between cardboard '"stiffeners".
Packaging & Handling - $5.50 per parcel.
Postage Rates: We send most items out in Parcel Post pre-paid satchels, often holding your media within a padded, crus-resistant box.
We charge our best estimate of the required satchel size, as per Australia Post rates. Occasionally (if a job is larger than the largest satchel size, or overweight) we may use 2 satchels or a send in sturdy box instead. We send by the trackable Parcel Post service, and provide you with a tracking number.
Mailing days for Parcel Post - Monday, Wednesdays & Fridays (if payment received before 12 noon on mailing day. Otherwise parcel ships next mailing day). Please note that public holidays can affect mailing days.
Need it yesterday? We charge $8.80 extra to upgrade a parcel to Express Post. Mailed same day if payment received before 12 noon, or otherwise next weekday. Please note that public holidays can affect mailing days.
Need signature security? We charge $5.50 extra per parcel for sending via Registered Post which includes Signature on Delivery.